Page tree

Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.


titleHow do I refund a Payroll Item?

Users have a few different options when refunding a payroll item. It can be done during a regular payroll, refund the payroll item without processing a payroll, or posting an adjustment to the employer paid amount. Click here for a step by step guide. 

titleHow do a verify my STRS Advance balanced at fiscal year end?
  • Go to System/Configuration/STRS Advance Configuration after the last advance payment is made
    • If all advances have been paid correctly, the Advance Amount and Amount Pay Back field will zero out and the Advance Mode flag will be turned off as shown below.
      Image Added
    • If the Advance Amount and the Amount Paid Back do not match, this means what was sent to STRS over the summer pays and what was reported on the advance submission tape file were not the same.
      •  A report in the redesign, Reports/Check STRS Advance, can be ran to compare totals for each employee to those on the Advance Positions Report. 
      •  Any employee showing a differing amount should be researched.
      •  Any difference should be reported to STRS as a prior fiscal year correction if necessary.
      •  Once the discrepancy is determined and corrected with STRS, the amounts in the Amount Paid Back and Advance Amount fields will need to be removed the advanced mode cleared by NWOCA staff.  Please send an email to the Fiscal Team at, if you have any remaining STRS advance amounts that need to be cleared from STRS Advance Configuration.