Updating Payroll Items using a Specific Date Deduction Max Amount
The Specific Date Max Amount is typically used for payroll items that collect Dues during a specific period of time that does not fall in line with the options of Fiscal or Annual Maximums. Setting up a Specific Date Max
- If you do not already have the report called Regular Pay Item Update in your Report Manager, follow the steps on the Using Report Definitions checklist to down load the Regular pay Item Update.rpd-json file to your desktop then upload into your Report Manager.
- Run the Regular Pay Item Update report in Excel-FieldNames format with the Query Options for the deduction code you are updating.
- Remove any employees that do not need to be updated.
- Update the rate column with the new deduction amount.
- Update the employeeDeductMaxAmount.deductMaxType column with the code type of SpecificDate (other options: Annual or Fiscal)
- Update the employeeDeductMaxAmount.MaxAmount column with the total max amount to be deducted.
- Update the employeeDeductMaxAmount.specificDate column with the date of the first pay date the deduction will be taken.
- Remove all columns except for these 6 columns with these exact headings:
- Save the spreadsheet in .csv format.
- Load the file using Utilities/Mass Load with the Importable Entities of: PayrollItem
- Once updated, your Payroll Item be set up as shown below with your specific data. The Remaining Employee Max Amount field is a calculated field and will be reduced as deductions are taken.