This document will walk you through how to update city tax rates on your Payroll Items.
- Go to Core/Payroll Item
Select 'City Tax Item' from the drop down on the top left of the grid
Filter for the city code that needs changed
Click on Report on the top right of the grid
Make sure your grid has the Employee Number, Code and Rate. If not use the More button to add those columns.
Select the format As Excel-FieldNames
You may save the report using the Save As / Save Report at the bottom of the Generate Report pop up to create a report definition in your Report/Report Manager to run at any time.
- Click on Generate Report
- Open the spreadsheet and make all necessary changes.
- Update the rate
- Verify all required columns headings are accurate
- Remove ALL other NOT required columns
Save the updated spreadsheet in .CSV format
If you reopen a CSV file leading zeros will be dropped and will need to be added back in before it will load properly.
- Go to Utilities/Mass Load
- Browse to choose the .CSV file
- Select Citytaxitem as the Importable Entity
- Review the error file for any errors that may have occurred